The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mystery 2Heuer2 logo.

I have an vintage Heuer up/down chronograph with a strange Heuer logo. I posted some pictures of the watch a couple of years ago, but no one had an answer.
I have since then tried to collect as much info as possible, and have found some information. I have seen some claims that this was a military model, and most owners date them to late 1930's (1938) or very early 1040's.

The movement is the same on all 2HEUER2 I have found. A unsigned Venus 170. I know that Heuer produced an up/down chronograph with Valjoux 77 later, that is fully signed. None of the Val.77's that I have seen has the 2HEUER2 logo.

Here is some pictures of my 2HEUER2.

I know that some claim that all Heuers with Venus 170 are fakes. But it is strange that all 2HEUER2 that I have found, have the same movement if they are fakes.... My watch looks unrestored and original. And it is not bougth from South-America on Ebay, but from an old Norwegian pensionist that is not even a watch collector.

It also seems to be some sense in the casenumbers that I have collected. They are all close, 102645, 103676 and 104352. All are stamped inside at the bottom of the caseback. There is two types of cases, one with "normal" lugs, and another with thinner lugs. There is several dial designs.
Please check out pictures that I have collected.

Thin lugs.

Normal lugs.

It would be very nice if someone at TagHeuer could confirm that these 2Heuer2's are genuine, and why they are marked like that. I think at least some of them are real. Mine look and feels original...
Nic at www.heuerboy.com has a Venus 170 driven Heuer for sale, and as far as I know, by own experience, he is an serious dealer.

Is there anyone out there with more info? Jeff?..... Arno?

regards
Jarl (who still hunts for more info....)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE