The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What was Relationship between Heuer and Sorna??

I have never researched the question, but the reference to the Ickx Easy Riders raises the question of the relationship between Heuer and Sorna. I assume that there was no affiliation, and that Sorna was "knocking off" some of the Heuer designs. But it is strange that they had the rights to the Ickx / Easy Rider names, suggesting that there must have been some relationship / license / etc.?

Wasn't Sorna known for it lower price (lower quality?) chronos that were similar to some of the Heuers and Breitlings? Maybe they only shared some of the same movements? The "bullheads", etc.?

I have never explored the Sorna brand, but thought that someone might have some quick information about the relationship.

Thanks,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff Posted about this in August, and called it
: "the watch that nearly destroyed
: Heuer"... Follow the link below...

: -- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE