The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: EBay buyer
In Response To: EBay buyer ()

: I wanted to know if anyone else has noticed
: that a certain buyer:
: "buccaneer-one" seems to bid on
: many, many heuer watches. Does anyone know
: who this person is? Maybe a dealer perhaps?
: He must have one heck of a collection but
: seems to sell some other odd watches.

Hello. I am "buccaneer-one". I do have a collection of Heuers (200 plus). I have sent Jeff some pictures of a few of my more interesting pieces which I am sure he will publish on "OTD" when time permits. I did a small introduction concerning myself and how I became a accidental Heuer Collector by way of a graduation gift in 1966. If you look back through the other articles you will find mine concerning this. I have sold approximately 10 or 12 Heuer on eBay, the rarest being a mint condition Monaco Cal 15 with Silverburst Dial (wish I had kept it). The other "odd" watches you mention are from having five children (1 daughter and 4 sons) and cleaning out drawers after the 3 oldest (34, 31 & 24) departed leaving the two youngest boys (13 and 11) home. These two refuse to wear "odd" watches. So, I have given both of them TAG Heuer Super Professionals and Tag Heuer SEL Automatic Chronographs (one blue dial and the other white). It is amazing how the younger childen seem to always get the best. I don't mind and I am glad that they too, will one day become Heuer and TAG Heuer Collectors---I guess they already are. Charles

Messages In This Thread

EBay buyer
Re: EBay buyer
cool! *NM*
Re: EBay buyer *NM*
Re: EBay buyer *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE