The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 60's Porsche
In Response To: 60's Porsche ()

Ciao Shaun, I've seen the watch in auction, the pic was really not clear. If the seller is Mario from southern Italy I confirm that his family owned a Porsche dealership: I bought from him two Porsche dealer insignias and an enamel Porsche placard last year at a classic car swap meet in Imola. Sincerely I'm doubtful of the story of the wooden Porsche box, I've never seen or heard it before, and it seemed nothing to do with Porsche or Heuer world. But everything is possible and You'll know it soon I hope.
Bye
Lorenzo

Hi I have just bought a two reg (Carrera'ish)
: Heuer from an old italian Porsche
: dealership. The pictures were very poorso
: its difficult to tell much more about the
: watch but it comes in a wooden Porsche box
: with cetificates and was apparently given
: out to dealerships by Heuer in the 1960's.

: Does anyone know anything about these, what
: realationship Heuer had with Porsche if any?

: I will try to post some photos when I get it, a
: friend in Italy is picking it up for me and
: has threatened to keep it if its any good so
: I may never see the item.

: shaun

Messages In This Thread

60's Porsche
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE