The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Amazing Chrono / Interesting Update

Walter:

Thanks for this interesting message. The Cal 12 Bundeswehr is amazing to see. As many BWs and as many Cal 12s as we have seen, this certainly caused me a double-take / second look. If only they had made a few more of these!!

The update of your article is also very interesting. I wish I knew more about the relationships between Heuer, Sinn, Bell & Ross, etc. These seem to be the successors of the BWs.

By the way -- have you seen the Pilot's watch for the Italian Air Force, made by Heuer and powered by the Lemania 5100. Very rare piece; beautiful design.

Thanks again,

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:
: This is arguably the most rare of Heuer
: Bundeswehr chronographs (and possibly the
: most rare of all Heuer chronographs): a
: unique prototype powered by the Caliber 12
: automatic movement. This was submitted to
: the Bundeswehr for consideration, but never
: adopted. unusual for a piece intended for
: the military in that it does not have a
: continuously-running seconds hand, which has
: been replaced by a 12-hour chronograph
: register. This amazing, and unique, piece is
: owned by Gerd R. Lang, owner of Chronoswiss
: and formerly an engineer with Heuer.
: Image courtesy of Konrad Knirim, author of
: "Military Timepieces".

: this is the "classic" heuer
: bundeswehr chronograph.
:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE