The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Adjusting Link bracelet
In Response To: Adjusting Link bracelet ()

What type of bracelet do you have? If the links are held together with screws then they will need to be unscrewed. If they are held together with cotter pins, then they'll have to be "pushed" out with a special tool.

It all depends on what I am asking you. I have never owned a TAG-Heuer... but, for what it's worth, yes, you can do it yourself, but you need some tools... otherwise just go to the store and have them do it.

If you're the type to constantly change bands and straps, then you may want to learn how to do this and invest in the tools... not expensive at all.

Best,
Brandon

: How do I adjust the bracelet on my new Links
: watch?

: Tag Heuer talks like only their authorized
: dealers have the secret tool to do this? Is
: there a tool that no ordinary jeweler would
: have?

: Can I do it myself?

: Rob

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE