The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: yes there has been an F1 race in Montreal sinc *LINK*

: ...the 70's. As a matter of fact, it's this
: weekend! :)

: Sorry, this is not my watch, I juast used the
: pictures to ask the questions. Forgive me, I
: do not remember where I found them...

: Marc
: Time2watch

Hi Marc

glad to hear you haven't spent your hard earned cash on this Montreal as the only genuine Heuer bits seem to be the case and bezel. Hands are, I think, from an Elgin and it's likely the cal 12 movement is too. Heuer did list 2 types of blue dial Montreal, one with applied batton markers the other with luminous markers. The luminous version had longer, more elegant markers than are on this dial and the dial colour matched the bezel. I would assume the dial is newly made or a refinish of the elgin one.

If you want a blue dial Montreal the safe bet is to buy one with applied markers, like the one seen on Jeff's web site. (link below)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE