The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The only items of note I see are the...
In Response To: But what about.... ()

: the Calculator the same seller has for sale.
: He's listed it about three times already and
: it always catches my eye. I would be
: interested in your informed opinions; Jeff,
: Bruce, Ralf, Chuck, my old friend Charles,
: anyone with any speculations.

The only items of note I see are the dings on the outer bezel between 4 and 5, and the minor dirt/discoloration on the inner bezel at 5-5.75. Both are pretty minor, as most of us say, a little patina can be a plus!

: By the way; last year I purchased a vintage
: 1975 Omega Speedy cal. 1045 from this buyer
: and he was a straight up gentleman. I know
: my Omegas way, way, way, better than the
: Heuers and I can tell you all for sure that
: he sold me one 100% correct watch.

I too can say the same... I purchased a 197x's Seamaster from this seller...

...yeah! that one... and it was 100% correct from crystal through crown all the way through the bracelet... In great shape too!

: Now after seeing that mess mentioned in this
: post string I am unsure about his Calculator.

While I've been at documenting Omegas for a far longer time than Heuer's my Heuer Calculator purchase was fairly early in my collecting history (early fall 1999), and this one looks nigh identical to my example which was overhauled by Heuer (probably Hans) at significant expense...

I'd have no hesitation at pulling the trigger on this example, if I was interested in a Calculator... And there is no substitute for having a Whiz Wheel on your chronograph!!!

-- Chuck

P.S. The one thing I do like about this seller, is that he takes a great deal of time to produce very high quality photos of the items for sale. His listings are uniformly excellently produced and he was a pleasure to do business with. I am a bit at a loss about the earlier example that Jeff disected, but I'd buy from this seller again in the future, I'd just make sure I went through the listing with a fine tooth comb, which is a good idea regardless of the seller... -- C

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE