The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
FANTASTIC -- Please Keep Us Informed!!
In Response To: It was me ! ()

Shaun:

it's great to hear that you bought this one from George, as it is always nice to keep them in the "OnTheDash-Chronocentric Family" [or is it "Chronocentric-OnTheDash Family" -- ??].

without getting all choked up or overly dramatic about the internet and websites creating comunities or doing other profound things, it really is encouraging when we can make it easier for the "good guys" to keep the good watches within the group. it's even better when they share their stories -- both before and after.

thanks going public with this; please keep us informed about the chrono -- this one seems to have lived an interesting life.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: George has encouraged me to break from the
: anonymous shadows, I was encouraged to buy
: Georges watch because I love having them
: from the original owner. I have two GMT's
: already but will prob sell one to keep
: Georges once it is restored.

: I found George a joy to deal with and he has
: some great stories re the life of the watch,
: BUT again it was a misadvised
: girlfriend/wife who threw away the box and
: papers !!!

: On another Heuer subject I have a Cortina too,
: after seeing Bruces example both onthedash
: and in the flesh. They are a great watch but
: I have only ever seen a few in Germany. Does
: anyone know the production numbers ?

: shaun

Messages In This Thread

Autavia GMT
Re: Autavia GMT
It was me !
FANTASTIC -- Please Keep Us Informed!!
While I'm at it I should plug Chronocentric! *LINK*
Re: Autavia GMT
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE