The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Help offered on the "501s"...
In Response To: Help Needed with the "501s" ()

Help Needed with the "501s"

Inspired by Jim's photograph, I have added his reference 510.403 to our page of "510s", also known as the "1000 Series" [ ?? ] . But I notice that our Chronograph Master Reference Table does not include this model. I also need to add the Reference 510.508, recently discovered by Chuck.

Yes, this is another table that needs the "Autavia" treatment...

Here are my questions:

-- does anyone have a complete list of the "510" series?

Aside from the possibility of Jack Heuer, Hans Schrag, and TAG-Heuer (hmmm, maybe not TAG...), I don't think so. I never saw a 510.508 until I saw one last week, it's never shown up in any of my research or in any of the catalogs I hold.

-- does the 510.403 belong here? everything else in the series is 510.5xx?

First question, I don't know if it should or not. It's certainly not a 510.5xx and the case shape is distinctive from the 501.500 through 510.503 (Pasadena style cases) and the 510.511 and 511.523 (Carrera), but the 510.508 is an oddball too. We have to put it somewhere, and it fits as well here as anywhere. Your call, put it in with an Asterisk maybe?

Second question: The 5012 movement is similar to the 5100 and all of the 5100's are 510.5xx models...

Is the 510.403 properly included in this series?

I think it fits better here than in a table by itself, and it fits better with the 510's than anyplace else.

-- where does the Audi Sport chronograph fit into the line-up? what reference number for that one?

I've never handled one, so I don't know the case reference. Time to query the owners!

It is hard enough organizing a website when you know something about the subject matter. Dealing with these "510"s is a bit more challenging for me, since I know very little about them.

I'm willing to walk point on this one. I can handle the changes if you'd like, you can help me work out the wrinkles if you like.

thanks for any information or suggestions as to how these should be presented.

You pretty much have them.

jeff

Let me know how I can help...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

Help Needed with the "501s"
Help offered on the "501s"...
no prob, jeff
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE