The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Update on "17 Rubis" Heuer *PIC*

Thought this might be of interest. I posted a vintage Heuer on the forum about a week ago that I bought while on vacation in Argentina because I had some question about its authenticity. I mean I knew I was rolling the die but the price was right. Though I had never seen a Heuer with its markings it looked right to me, as much as I could tell the dial didn't look refinished and the case matched the dial. It needs some repair work, bought I got confirmation that it isn't a FrankenHeuer. The dial hasn't been refinished, and the parts were original - though slightly rusted.

I don't know what it is still and may try to see if Tag will help, though I doubt it. Argentina does have a large European influence from Germany and Italy - maybe it is possible that the 17 rubis dial was some small production run?

Messages In This Thread

Update on "17 Rubis" Heuer *PIC*
Mov't info
Re: Mov't info
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE