The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great Question / If I Could Only Have One - - - *LINK*
In Response To: Which Heuer should I purchase? ()

Brian:

Welcome aboard, and thanks for posting this interesting and very practical message.

Some weeks ago, we had a Scan Day on the theme of "If I could only own one" or "If I could only keep one" or something to that effect. As you can imagine, we got some extremely high-dollar Monacos, triple calendar Carreras, Silverstones, etc. (The link below will take you to my posting, and from there you can get to some other replies.)

I really like the fact that you have given us a budget ($800 to $1000) and a theme -- the racing connection. So we can eliminate the Monacos and Silverstones, and you don't want an elegant gold triple calendar automatic.

I will post a reply later today or tonight (likely to involve an Autavia of some sort), but wanted to give you this link and thank you for raising the question.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I was lucky enough to purchase a Heuer diver
: about a year ago, and it's become one of my
: favorite watches. I'd like to add another
: Heuer to the collection, but not sure which
: one. I really like the racing tradition of
: the brand, so I was wondering if you guys
: had any suggestions as to a good, solid
: racing chronograph in the $800 - $1000
: range. I've been lurking for a while here,
: and I am well aware of the problem with
: fakes out there, so I'd also appreciate some
: recommendations on trusted dealers /
: individuals that I could feel comfortable
: buying from.

: Thanks in advance, and the more pics the
: better.

Messages In This Thread

Which Heuer should I purchase?
Great Question / If I Could Only Have One - - - *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE