The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Derek, Have you done a "Watch Crawl" @ Argyle… *LINK*
In Response To: Re: Heuer Kentucky repair ()

: Hi Jack. I'm so grateful for your response I
: was beginning to think that this lovely
: watch would spend the rest of it's days in a
: drawer. I have all the pieces that make up
: the strap and the connections including the
: broken pieces. I live in Scotland, United
: Kingdom so if you have any case makers based
: in the United Kingdom that would be great.
: Your help is much appreciated.
: Regards Derek, Glasgow, Scotland

Derek, Have you done a "Watch Crawl" @ Argyle Arcade? Last time I was in the Isles, I spent a day hanging around Glasgow and happened on to what must be one of the hotbed's of watch shopping in Europe in the Argyle Arcade, which for US collectors is a mini version of the NYC Diamond and Jewelery district, or Chicago's Jewelers Mall...

You might wish to take the watch (or pictures of the watch) and ask around down there if they know of anyone who might be able to effect the repairs necessary.

It's just a thought...

I'll take this opportunity to plug Steve Sugiyama's Watch Tourism page which has Watch Venues from around the world for tourists, or locals looking for interesting watch shops, in case you need directions to the Argyle Arcade...

Best of fortune with the restoration!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE