The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
how my checkbook complains....

when i first set my eyes on this one

i knew i was in trouble as i couldn't get it out of my mind. a pic posted on the tz public forum got the ball rolling. somehow by pure luck i happened to get my hands on it. that was the start of it all for me. i was fairly satisfied for a short while. then my constant return to this site started a change inside me. i had been collecting vintage mostly early 60's era watches for awhile, but had never considered the heuers. ones like these...

i still collect these 60's day/date types, just now i've diverted alot more of my watch funds towards heuers.

anyway, i was determined to be a seafarer and carrera val 72 collector. i found out quite quickly that would be easier said than done.

so i looked for cheaper examples of heuers. the autavias seemed to maybe be the answer. i used to think all the autavias looked alike and were kind of funny looking, very 70's ish. after awhile the look grew on me. i decided it was time to find a cheap example of a 1163v viceroy. so i snagged one off of ebay and waited for it to come. this one...

i remember opening the package all excited and well wasn't as excited as i thought i would be. that was until i put it on my wrist. ah ha now it looked and felt right. so i decided i wanted more of these examples. i hunted and hunted looking for just the right one. the joe siffert was my goal, well still is. i never found it, but during the hunt came across this one...

these late 60's cal 11 and early 70's cal 12 carreras really hit me right. so when i came across these two...

i knew my checkbook would be hurting. i've picked up a few other along the way and they are great also. i just hope i don't realize i like the 110.573 carreras! then i'll know i need help!:)

j.h.

Messages In This Thread

how my checkbook complains....
great post thank you. nt *NM*
thanks Kav! but it's you guys...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE