The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day -- Old Reliable(s)

Of all the questions that we have posed with our Scan Day Themes, this was the easiest to answer.

I wear a variety of Heuer chronographs during the day / at the office, but this Viceroy Autavia (Reference 11630) is the one that I switch to almost every night, when I get home. I am less concerned about it getting nicked or jarred, and it is comfortable to wear. It also gets a lot of weekend duty -- for working around the house, activities with the kids, etc.

Prior to my acquiring the Viceroy, the Autavia shown below (Reference 113.603; Israeli military issue) was my "go to" chronograph, having the duty for most nights and weekends. The excellent luminous also makes it a good one for the pre-dawn wake-ups.

So these are the two that I have "gone to" most frequently over the last year or so.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE