The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Camaro - newbie question

Hello all and thanks for the informative forum!

I have seen a Heuer Camaro for sale recently and since the 'MOAT' does not cover this model, I was hoping for some information as to its value and desirability. I'm sorry I do not know the technical terms to describe this watch.

It looks a little like a Camaro 45. The one I have seen has a dark face (I thought it was chocolate, but it is grey) with Camaro and Heuer on it and only two chronograph dials and no date. No tachymeter around the face. The push buttons are smooth and rounded and seem to be longer than they are wide. The crown is quite large and has the word Heuer on it. The hour markings are wider than those shown in the OTD picture for the 45. The back is smooth on the outside. The movement is unlike any of the Valjoux ones I have seen on OTD site although the main 'wishbone' part bears the words 'Heuer-Leonidas SA'.

Bottom line is I am very happy with the style of this watch but was looking for a little more information before I spend my hard earned cash on it. If possible I will try to post a photo of it.

Thanks in advance,

Landon.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE