The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Remember that Carrera Dato I asked you about?.....

I just picked it up in NYC, and I'm more then happy with it. I bought it directly from the first owner, an elderly gentleman that bought it in the early 70's when he was still an active pilot. It's a watch that apparently sat with the jeweller for quit a while, and was hard to sell. Sounds difficult to believe now. He wore it for about 25 years, in which period it was "cleaned" once. The watchmaker also offered to do a full service, but the owner didn't want to spend the money. Five years ago it went into a drawer, and now it is wound tight and doesn't run. All functions and buttons seem to work correctly so I'm optimistic that a service is all it needs.
Here's a quick picture from my hotel room. I love it!

Ron.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE