The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Some data about the L5100 Heuers

For what its worth, I have my Lemania Silverstone in front of me. My hands are like the example shown by Jeff at OTD, my crown is unsigned and there is no serial number between the lugs. I haven't opened the back, so who knows what is on the rotor, but my guess given what I mentioned above is that it will signed "Lemania".

Fabrizio is the expert on the 5100 series- I have owned three myself (AudiSport, 510.501 and the Silverstone) and all of them have/ had the characteristics that Fabrizio mentions.

I certainly agree with Bullitt's point that it was very hard to keep track of what Heuer where up to during that period, and while its not possible to rule out some inconsistencies in the production (some with signed rotors, some without), it is 100% clear that the majority of the 5100 series were not signed in all of the places that one might normally expect- and so to consider signed components as a definite sign of originality will lead to disappointment...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE