The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Wow Chuck! Glad to see it again!

Chuck,

It looks perfect! Happy to see it has a good home in your collection.

For forum members, Chuck has been a guiding light in my early Chronograph collecting days in 2000 (we have 7+ watches in common:
-Sinn 142 STS,
-Zenith 70s Pilot Diver Chrono;
-Zenith 70s Blue Square chrono;
-Hamilton Count-Down Chronograph; -Nivada/Glycine/etc. Val 72 GMT Chrono;
-Longines Orange/black Diver chrono,
-ELKA chronograph,
-Flightmaster,
-Seiko Bullhead &
-sliderule Chronos 70s)

as he his a connesieur of the MASSIVE 70s chronograph; whcihc is all I collect. I was lucky to have him as a buyer of a few of my pieces.

Anyway, I found this Rare Nivada on German ebay last year and sent a pic to Chuck who said he was a ready buyer, when i ever sell. Well it sat in my watch box, and I kept saying to myself don't wear it....that's Chuck's watch (it was truly nos and flawless in ever regard; i have never seen a dual color GMT bezel under the glass). So, I broke down and sold it Chuck for a good price 6 months later.

I have become a bit of a Nivada niche collector, and keep seeing models from the 70s that are quite cool...all 44+mm!

Thanks again Chuck for posting the pic!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE