The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I think this is the best compromise (Concise Ver.)

In crafting my reply to the discussion here I noticed that my response is way too long. So for conciseness I'm posting this "Concise version of my thoughts" first, and will follow up with the longer draft later...

I'd like to walk the fine line between trying to accomodate as many T-H queries as reasonable with the provision that we may not be able to answer them adequately without either flooding the forum or having a boring static nearly forgotten forum where no one posts.

Jeff suggests "Focusing on 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces"??" as a potential masthead title. I've never understood why we would limit ourselves to post 1929 Heuers. Can we drop the "1930-"?

How about this...

Focusing on pre-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. (What about TAG & TAG-Heuer? Click Here!)

and the "Click here" would go to an anchor on the Guidelines page: What about TAG & TAG-Heuer? Click Here!

I think this is the best compromise as it:

• states our focus
    • without seeming exclusionary
  • doesn't slam the door if visitors are interested in TAG-Heuer
    • they'll read the paragraphs in the guidelines and know that we'll try our best to accomodate them, no promises.
  • is the minimal amount of change to the masthead/guidelines
    • doesn't change previously posted guidelines or our past post's acceptability
  • doesn't send people away to other sites
    • after all, we do want people to stick around, don't we?

What do you think?

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE