The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Camaro 30 Dato ????

Hi all,

Just want to start by saying that this is a wonderful forum with lots of information for a newbie like myself.

I've recently come into possession of what I think is a Heuer Camaro 30 Dato with white/light gray face, two registers: one for seconds, the other for chrono minutes (0-30), and a date at the 'six'. This was the only place that I was able to find any pictures/info regarding this watch after spending considerable amount googling. So, from a catalog picture/description that I found via a post on this forum I gather that it's a Camaro 30 Dato, Ref 7843S. There are also two numbers on the outside of the casing: 73443 and 232292.

Just wanted to get some validation to my findings and any help would be useful. This watch has been in the family for well over 30 years, and it's my intention to keep it that way. However, when I saw some of the prices asked for of the three dial camaro's, I figured I better find out how much I should insure this thing for, and whether or not I dare wear it on a daily basis.

Thanks,
-gh

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE