The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
May know the answer to this....

Hi Huxtable,

A few months ago the same seller offered a comparable dial for the Autavia 2446, however a version in silverburst ( like Carrera) with black subdials ( no additional text though like your's ). I hesitated whether I should buy both. Finally I only bought the "SN"version.I received it and it has all the properties of assuming it being authentic. I was ever so lucky when David Devos sent in a photo of his friends' Autavia with exactly the same SN dial one week later !

I contacted TAG Heuer on your's as well though then and I was told it may have been a sample from a small batch of watches which was custom made for a specific client. A pilot's academy maybe or a association of aerial chartmakers or photographers. They were not sure though. Too far back for the people who are in the service dpt now.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE