The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Montreal
In Response To: Heuer Montreal ()

: I would like to buy an Heuer and I
: cannot decide between a Montreal and a
: Daytona. Which are the market prices for
: both models? Which one to prefer for a
: better future value? Which are the sizes of
: the watches? Thank you for your kind aswers
: and sorry for my bad english..

Prices are not fixed. The same watch in the same condition) can be sold for A or 2xA amount of money.

Generally Montreal and Daytona are in the same price range, maybe the Daytona is a bit more expensive. And I agree that the Daytona is most probably a bit more rare than the Montreal.

An interesting detail is that most probably the production cost for the Montreal was higher that for the Daytona. The Montreal has mineral crystal instead of Daytona's plastic crystal. The Montreal has multicolored dial and applied hourmarks which Daytona has not. The initial price of the two watches, according to the data on the Onthedash table, was similar, but I wouldn't be surprized if the price of the Montreal initially was higher.

As for resale or future value, I would suggest to not take it into account. This is a tricky road to watch-happiness. If you buy in a reasonable price (look at copleted SALES on ebay to get a rough estimate) you should not loose or gain much. Chose which of the two models fits best with your aesthetics and personality and try to find it in a reasonable price. And never look back.

We are here for future questions you may have.

Regards

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE