The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Clarification and a little rant
In Response To: Re: Aren't all Tags fake? ()

I'm not sure what you mean. The point to owning a fine timepiece is enjoying one of the last hand-made mechanical instruments still around. And Heuers have a special place in that pantheon. If you are buying fake watches then you have no idea what watches are about in my opinion. And that guys second post speaks volumes - he is all about trying to impress people. I bet his next purchase is an old refinished to the bone non-quickset Rolex which he will then add a very classy cubic zirconian bezel.

Secondly, I think if you are buying Tags then you don't really understand watches. I think part of watch collecting is an expression of individualism, which is one of the beauties of vintage Heuer chronographs. A Tag is an over-priced watch for its quality and a rather mundane choice for the money.

For both reasons I think that guy needs to waste his time elsewhere.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE