The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
repair and parts availability on Heuer stopwatches

well guys.....

I recently purchased my second Heuer stop watch, a Monte Carlo that I bought on e-bay, the seller says in the ad :

The "crystal" was just recently broken by accident. I have contacted Heuer who will replace it for $30.00 plus shipping.

So after winning the auction I contact the seller to find out who and where he got the information about the crystal replacement and he e-mails me this :

As for the crystal, I contacted Heuer through
their website and got a telephone number for the
customer service. I called them and told them that
the crystal was broken, the model and serial no.
of the watch and the model as well. The fellow
looked it up and said they had replacement
crystals on hand; the service would be $30 plus
return shipping. He also said it would take a
couple of weeks before I got it back. I did not send
it to them as I had already placed the ad on e-bay
and wanted the watch in hand when the bidding was
over, otherwise the buyer might get quite nervous,
I know I would.

Before the seller got back to me I called Heuer till I was blue in the face but no one would tell me anything, the people in there parts dept. just say we don't know anything about those and you need to talk to Hans Schragg and then they dump you into his voice mail, I left him several messages but no one has returned my calls,( he may be out of town, just my bad luck ) from the sound of it he was the original owner of the company in NJ and he deals with all the vintage stuff, I even called Heuer in Canada hoping that they could tell me something but they won't tell you anything either, just send it in for an estimate, not being able to confirm any information has me a little worried but it's not the first time I've taken a chance and at least now I'll know what the parts and repair availability is on these in the future, as they say " some lessons are cheaper then others " I'll have to see how this one turns out.

Messages In This Thread

repair and parts availability on Heuer stopwatches
Re: repair and parts availability on Heuer stopwat
Re: repair and parts availability on Heuer stopwat
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE