The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Congratulations to your wife, some thoughts...

Hello,

Howdy!

I have been a lurker here for quite some time, and finally I think I have something to post/share with you guys. I've always wanted a Heuer after having a couple of Moonwatches. A watch retailer in town was having a clearance sale and I decided to drop by. And there it was, amidst the Links and some other regular Tags was two Carrera Re-Edition sitting on the side. I couldnt believe theyre trying to get rid of these two, 40% off retail.

It's not so much TAG-Heuer is trying to get rid of this model, it's just that they couldn't get the Lemania 1873 with which to power it from Swatch Group anymore. This was before LVMH owned both TAG and Zenith. So now there is some faint hope that perhaps Zenith can provide some suitable manual wind movement that can lead to yet another rebirth of a model similar to this one.

I had planned to give my wife a watch for our wedding last month (couldnt find her the right watch then) and apparently she loves this Carrera. So we left the store with my wife smiling from ear to ear with her belated wedding gift.

Ah, you left one in the case then? Depending on the model there might be people around who would be interested in knowing where that dealer is.

I think it's time for me to find a Heuer for myself. I'm really interested in the Lemania 5100 based Carrera. Any pointers?

They are very hard to find anymore, not that they were ever easy to find. They are largely troublefree watches. Their main weekness is that they have a Plexiglas crystal, which Pro-Time sometimes doesn't have in stock (which means replacement can take some time). Aside from that, they are a GREAT chronograph, as the two Jeff's (Low and Stein) will confirm.

ps - Is this particular Carrera more common than the first Re-Edition (black or silver dial)?

On the contrary, both of the "Daytona Ring" versions are less common than the Black or Silver Dial. I still have a hankering for a Daytona Black dial like the one that graces your lady's wrist.

Thank you for a great forum + site.

Thank you for emerging from lurker mode and sharing!

Cheers

Reza

Good hunting on the 5100 Carrera!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only get better with time…

Messages In This Thread

My (wife's) first Heuer (Carrera) *PIC* *PIC*
Congratulations to your wife, some thoughts...
Re: Congratulations to your wife, some thoughts... *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE