The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Helluva coincidence Re: Heuer built Rolex? *LINK* *PIC*
In Response To: Heuer built Rolex? ()

Thursday just went in to see the Breitling Chrono Avenger. Which I bought. But while I was there I picked up this catalog from Tourneau. And as I am browsing through the pages this Jean-Claude Killy jumps out at me, and I start thinking to myself, it looks a lot like the Heuer Carrera Datora & the Clebar 17 Jewel Triple Date Chronog ca 1950. But the pushers were different so I said maybe not.
Anyway here is more info from the auction site referenced in my catalog. It has some nice watches pick it up if you can only one Tag\Heuer 6000 gold ref. WH514

More on the watch: or use the link.

LOT 224
So-called "Jean-Claude Killy"Rolex "Oyster Chronographe, Anti-Magnetique", Ref. 6036. Produced circa 1952.Very fine and rare, tonneau-shaped, water-resistant, stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with round button chronograph, registers, triple date and a stainless steel Rolex buckle.
C. two-body, polished and brushed, screwed-down case back and crown. D. matte silver with inlaid steel pyramidal indexes and Arabic numerals, auxiliary "guilloché" dials for the seconds, the 12-hour and 30-minute registers, outer blue painted graduation for the days of the month, apertures for the days of the week and the months. Steel "bâton" hands. M. Cal. 13''', rhodium-plated, 17 jewels, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance, shock-absorber, self-compensating Breguet balancesringDial, case and movement signed.Diam. 36 mm.
Grading System

C 3 - 6 D 3 - 34 - 01 M 3 - 6* AA

Estimate: USD.: 16'000 - 19'000
EURO.: 12'500 - 15'000

Messages In This Thread

Heuer built Rolex?
Re: Heuer built Rolex?
Helluva coincidence Re: Heuer built Rolex? *LINK* *PIC*
Auction $39,000 Heuer\Rolex
My credit wouldn't cover that one, or I would have *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE