The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Of Face paints and Commando tactics

ah.. hah, i should have read... ...further into the "matte finish." thanks for doing the reading into it for me. although wouldn't a bead blasted ss finish have the same effect on not reflecting light in a backyard commando situation?:)

Do you see combat related people applying face and/or hand darkening or coloring before going into a hot spot? Same thing applies here. Matte Black or Olive blends in with many more natural elements than bead blasted Stainless Steel or Titanium.

then again wouldn't the sapphire crystal (even with non-reflective coatings) ruin the hide and seeking all together?

Only if a) the person is that close to see it, b) the reflection is significantly different looking that it's surroundings. If you're on the ground and your watch's crystal is reflecting sky or clouds, it's not a good thing, if it's reflecting triple level canopy it's not a big deal.

or is this why some guys wear their watches on the inside of their wrists?:)

...or wear the watch under a black sweat band or even a "commando" style watchband under such circumstances.

However, I've yet to see the Commando watchband that is sized big enough to handle a Sinn 142/Space One. In fact I haven't see a CWB that's sized big enough to handle any 5100 come to think of it.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only get better with time…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE