The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Questions I Asked Seller / Other Clues

here are the questions I have asked seller:

"can you please tell me which chronograph you are actually offering here? looking at your photographs, I see three or four different chronographs (different hands; different straps).

also, some of the photographs are from your previous ebay auctions. which one are you actually selling -- the one with the hands from the Heuer reference 741603 (close-up photo), the one with the smaller (breitling) hands or some other watch??"

I will let you know what I learn.

I did not ask for proof of authenticity, as such. This one appears to have been made up from the cases and dials previously offered by a seller in australia. this australian seller, with over 3,000 previous ebay transactions, is no longer a registered ebay user.

. . . strange stuff.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: if the seller bought it 15 years ago how did he
: know it was real then? does he have a manual
: or papers? that would be proof to me that it
: was real, or even a catalog showing it?
: without this kind of info i lean towards, a
: fake. what proof does the seller have other
: than he says it's real? i'd love to see some
: concrete proof from the seller.

: j.h.

Messages In This Thread

Real or Fake Autavia ? *LINK*
there is an easy way to answer this...
Questions I Asked Seller / Other Clues
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE