The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera Re-Edition or Omega Speedmaster

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses, a great forum for me to decide to post on.

Some great advice and indepth knowledge about the watches especially from Chuck, I thought from your articles that you would probably reply with some good feedback.

I did try on both watches yesterday, though it was the new TAG Heuer Carrera, not the Re-Edition, but was still undecided as they both felt good, but in the back of my mind I think I have always fancied the Carrera, and I you have helped me decide. So I think I will go for a silver face, Carrera Re-Edition with a perforated strap.

I have spoken to someone at the Bicester TAG outlet shop and they have one of the Carrera's for £975, official retail was £1475 I think, so a reasonable deal, I have seen a few used Re-Editions for a similar price, other than one on eBay at the moment which is up at about £700, plus import into the UK probably on top of that. So I think a trip to Bicester at the weekend will be in order (and not too far for me, about 45 mins drive, I knew there was an outlet shop in Gretna but not Bicester).

Which is good because it is sort of as a present for my 30th birthday which is on Saturday, and partly from my recent marriage, my wife had an expensive engagement ring, so I can have a watch that I have so long looked at in jewellers windows.

I'll probably try and ring round a few other TAG dealers to see if they can do a deal, as as you say it is now discontinued.

Thanks once again to all of you, and any other comments still welcome.

Tony

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE