The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tag Heuer Novice
In Response To: Tag Heuer Novice ()

the model you should look into is the one you like.

benefits of the authorized tag dealer is WARRANTY!:) i hear gray market buyers swear up and down that the manufacturers will warranty a grey market watch. i don't know as i only buy from new authorized dealers and preowned from reputable people. if it's not an overly expensive watch (relatively speaking of course):)like a 2000 series i might consider grey (meaning reputable grey) but if it was the link cal36 or monza reissue cal36, authorized only, imho. most of the time you won't need your warranty, but if you ever do...

discounts, if you can get more than 15% let me know where!:) most authorized dealers will drop 10-15% without much fuss regardless of brand. 20% + is pushing it, but it could happen if you hit the right dealer and they need to move merchandise fast and your willing to pay in cash, etc.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE