The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Peter Cohen and his PVD Pasadena odessy...

Howdy,

Back in the fall I received an email from Peter Cohen about his Pasadena. He was the original owner of the watch, wore it a lot in the 1980's but very little afterwards. He had replaced the original bracelet with a rubber strap at some point when the original wore out and the replacement cost was too high. Even though he didn't wear it for a number of years he always liked the look of the watch and wasn't motivated to sell it even when the winding mechanism started to fade and it wouldn't keep any reserve.

What prompted him to contact me was he took the watch to a high end jewelry store who sent it out and got an estimate of $700 to repair the watch. He was wondering if I was interested in the watch... I suggested he check out Shane Ede instead. Peter called Shane, sent two watches up to Ontario, Canada and was ecstatic about the service received. It's great connecting two people together and knowing that everyone is going to be well satisfied with the outcome.

Well, until Peter decided he wanted to wear the Pasadena on a bracelet again. Preferably a flat bracelet... PVD bracelets are notoriously tough to find these days, but Peter liked the look of my Stainless Steel Oyster styled Generic 20mm Straight-end bracelet purchased from Ron Sabo @ International Watchman, Inc. on my Stainless 7750 (as pictured in my signature footer in my posts in this forum), but Ron has a $45 minimum order. Peter talked me into selling one of my spares and started searching for a place to get it PVDed. I sent him a couple of leads including Industrial Watch Works which is where he ended up sending the bracelet...

Peter finally got a chance to take some pictures of the result and has given me permission to share them with the forum...

Peter now has $85 total for the bracelet and the coating and is pretty happy with the result. I thought I would pass along all the relevent information for people experiencing similar needs. Thank you Peter for providing permission.

Cheers and Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE