The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm biased... I prefer a mechanical movement...

Hi, could some one help me decide which watch should i pick the micrograph or 2000 aquagraph because i need sport watch for evrey day used.

thank"s

I'm biased... I prefer a mechanical movement. I do find myself strongly attracted to the new TAG-Heuer 2000 Aquagraph. It's specs are better on paper than any of the current crop of Seamaster Chronographs: 500m W/R, Automatic HEV, Large Chrono Minute Hand, Better luminous on the bezel, locking divers bezel, visual screwdown crown indication and a 24-Hour Military time indication, has a new automatic movement. The downside of the movement is that it's an ETA/Dubois-Depraz piggyback movement, which is not my favorite combination. The movement is also a new one, so it hasn't been around the block very much... So I would strongly consider waiting for as long as you can until making a purchase decision.

The Micrograph is a very interesting model and has it's own appeal. But it is a very different watch.

Try all the canidates on your wrist, picture in your mind all the places the next month, year, decade, generation you and that watch will be: Birth's, funeral's, weddings, graduations, parties, memorials, holidays, work, play, tractor pulls and jello wrestling. Which one best fits your wrist and your lifestyle and wish to be seen wearing is the one you end up with.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Messages In This Thread

can't decide? micrograph or 2000 aquagraph
Re: can't decide? micrograph or 2000 aquagraph
I'm biased... I prefer a mechanical movement...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE