The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Oval sub dials
In Response To: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly ()

Good choice D - I have one, in Abels hands at the moment - beautiful dial. Small case though - worth bearing in mid, as most of your favourites are larger cased.
Interestingly the sub dials are oval, something that you don't notice straight away...

..but, having said that, looking at the amazing 4-some photo, is it me, or does the PVD version have round sub dials?

Stewart

: Here are some of the barrel cased 1970's Carreras. A classic 70's
: watch, and the blue "cote de geneve dial" is one of
: the prettiest dials Heuer made.

: I think the general view is the "good" are the classic
: steel cal 12 and cal 15 version. The black PVD (one of Heuer's
: earliest PVD watches) would be thought of as the "bad
: boy" of the lot. Then common perception is that gold plated
: on a tool watch falls into the "ugly" category. Your
: view may differ....I like 'em all.

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE