The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Classic's line...
In Response To: Heuer Re-Editions ()

Hi

Hello, and welcome to the forum...

I'm interested in the Heuer re-edition Carrera and Monaco.

There are some really neat watches in the Classics line.

I've read quite a few favourable write-ups here for the Carrera, but what are your thoughts on the Monaco? I particularly like Monaco's distinctive case and the fact that it has a date facility, but is it really worth the extra over a Carrera?

I personally am not a big fan of the Monaco's case, which is surprising considering how much I enjoy Steve McQueen. For some people a Date feature is a must, I know there are times I miss having this feature when I'm wearing one of my many non-date chronographs.

As I don't know how much you use the date feature, I can't answer that for you. And it's also really a value judgement... Do you really like the looks and need the date feature enough to justify the additional expense in your mind? That's a question you'll have to answer yourself.

Can someone also clarify if the Monaco uses a ETA-DD chronograph movement?

I believe that all of the Monaco models displayed on TAG-Heuer's website are using the ETA/DD movement in one flavor or another. The thing to look for is the small seconds sub-register being located at 3 o'clock. If the right hand register goes beyond 30 it's an ETA/DD of some variety.

Does anyone actually have a Monaco has a daily use watch and if so, what are the pros and cons?

I don't so I'll skip this part.

Any help would be appreciated.

I hope that I have been a little helpful. Hopefully a Monaco driver will happen along and give you some real assistance.

Thanks

Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Re-Editions
Re: Heuer Re-Editions
Re: Heuer Re-Editions
Heuer Classic's line...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE