The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Ring-Master stopwatch--how rare is it?

Hi all. First-time poster but long-time watch collector here. While garage sale wandering with my lady this past weekend, looking for watches, vintage calculators, etc., I stumbled across this stopwatch. I'm not a stopwatch collector per se, but I know Heuer is good stuff (I used to own a Kentucky automatic chrono) and figured this Ring-Master was worth picking up. At first, I found just the stopwatch and was happy with that. Amazingly, as I was just about to pay for it, I then found, by chance, the original black vinyl pouch containing six of the colored dial rings.

The stopwatch runs strong and starts and stops perfectly but the reset button isn't functioning. The movement is clean as a whistle. I may try to fix the reset function if it's not too difficult. The dial is flawless, as are the hands. The black crackle-finish paint on the case is chipped in quite a few places but the case itself isn't battered at all. Just looks like the paint fell off over time. I mentioned the six rings in the pouch but I later realized there wasn't a ring on the watch, so one is missing. The plastic crystal is badly cracked and missing a few chunks. I imagine this will be an easy fix.

I checked on Google and there seems to be very little info on this stopwatch. This excellent website was my sole source of information on this piece. Is it really rare? Anyone know how many were made? I did read that this was first produced in 1957 and the catalog pic on this website is from 1963. What was the last year this was produced? Where might I find a crystal for it?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm thrilled and curious with my latest watch find. Thanks very much. Ira

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Ring-Master stopwatch--how rare is it?
Somewhat Rare / Very Elusive
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE