The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Somewhat Rare / Very Elusive

Ira:

First of all, thanks for the kind remarks about OnTheDash. It has been loads of fun for all who helped create it, and we are encouraged by the type of postings we are seeing lately on this Discussion Forum. The volume of postings has also been excellent, and we believe that we are reaching critical mass.

I have watched Heuers on ebay every day for almost five years, and have been chasing the Ring Master for the last couple of years. Every time I think that I have won one, I get the dreaded screen telling me that I have been outbid, outsniped (Thanks Jim N. -- you know who you are!!), outsmarted or that the whole stinkin' network has crashed so that I am no longer connected to ebay.

Seriously, I have seen about four of them in the last couple of years; I have bid on all four of them (in the $200 range); and come away with nothing (except some nice photos from my friend Jim N. and the aforementioned "outbid" notices).

Congratulations of the "find" at the garage sale. If you want to send some photos, I will sob quietly at the computer as I add them to OnTheDash.

Cheers,

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Ring-Master stopwatch--how rare is it?
Somewhat Rare / Very Elusive
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE