The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Saw This One Around a Year Ago
In Response To: Saw This One Around a Year Ago ()

Hi Jeff

It's a dial....not a watch, to my knowledge it's not in a watch either, but perhaps if you have seen this before, you have seen it in a watch?

Indeed i think my thought would concur with yours, it's likely to be a "real" dial, but never intended for production perhaps.

It does bring about an interesting subject though...we should be realistic as i'm sure MANY of us have "put toegther" watches in our collection of some description, and i believe it is unlrealistic to think otherwise. From project watches to watches that have been constructed from new parts, i doubt very much any serious Heuer collector hasn't got one or two of these in his box.

Cheers

Rich

: I first saw this dial (this very sample) around one year ago . .
: . My guess is that it was made for Heuer, but never actually
: used in a chronograph produced by Heuer. As is so often the
: case, could have been produced as a sample or prototype, etc.

: Someone could probably build it into a nice looking watch, then we
: would have the question, "What is it?". My answer: a
: sample or prototype dial, being housed in a put together watch.

: I don't want to be dismissive, but my own preference is for the
: complete watches, as they left the factory (or the prototyping
: shop), 40 years ago . . . and not put together last week. Others
: may have other preferences and attribute value in other ways.

: My favorite Chronomatics are shown below.

: Jeff

:
:

: +++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE