The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm not certain of either of those...

Maybe TAG Heuer wants to make this watch affordable and popular again!!!

The El Primero movement inside this watch would be an amazing touch to this beautiful watch, probably they would not be able to make enough watches to satisfy the market, but... on the other side would increase the price also!

I'm not so certain about either of those...

Zenith did a massive retooling of their facilities to be capable of quadrupling of their output a couple of years ago. So while they are selling directly to the US (albeit at double the going rate from before), and suppling TAG with movement, I believe they have plenty of excess capacity especially if you take into account the additional movement that are no longer being sent to Rolex.

Also there are ways to use a Zenith movement at a more economical price than a full blown El-Primero movement. First off, one could use the Prime or El-Primero HW movement which are hand-wound movments and closer to the original Carrera. Plus then don't have polish them to the high degree as a El-Primero or you don't get them COSC certified. It depends on how you

Right now, I like it and this is my next watch(birthday is coming I'll be 40, like the Carrera! Nice way to celebrate, and good excuse for wife!!!)

No problem, as long as you go in as an educated consumer.

I think the Carrera is just a great watch!

I still like the originals and the first re-edition more than the new model. But that's my personal taste. Other's will vary. Viva la Difference!

PS.:Can you imagine the Carrera with the El Primero Fly-Back movement inside... Oh Lord!!!

Maybe someday, but it's really too much to believe/ask for at this point in time. But there is always hope!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE