The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sad to read the threads below re: Frankenwatches *PIC*

Ralf refers to someone selling the parts to create these. People like that really steam me for a few reasons. First, they have no conscience; and they are usually the first to point out a redial or possible 'put together' (I've met a few of these two headed snakes). Secondly, those individuals usually exist at the periphery of any hobby; their own collections are usually feeble; they spend their time on the buy and sell. Thirdly, as a professional with a full time job, I would ask them: How much money are they making; that it would possibly justify the cunning, lying and time investment?

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest.

Hey now, how about a pic of an old Regatta Heuer (yep, it's mine). Posted this awhile back. This is a big watch; verrry thick. Can't fathom why they made it in pvd finish; a stylistic vanity perhaps? I can't envision a yachtsman needing a stealth, non-reflecting watch. If anything, the deck of ones yacht is the place (I imagine) for something bling bling to go with the S'pore Sling.

-Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE