The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Formal Price Guide

Firstly i have to commend Rich for taking on such a large (& seemingly overwhelming) task.
Without having checked every single model listed, it does seem to me that the price ranges seem +/- in line with my own beleifs.

However

Seeing the table set up with its 6 prices for each model ( depending on condition & seller ) does seem very defining ! Will this now dictate both buyers & sellers expectations. Previously the OTD version did feel like a price guide, this has more of a designation of price feel to it.

Am i just being overly touchy on this issue. Our little corner of the world has been a wonderful safe kindergarten to play in for a long time now but we have all seen the general prices of Heuer increasing and felt the traffic flow of new interest on the forum, is this the cost of popularity & awareness, a stricter structure such as we see on other premium watch brands (Rolex leaps to mind) ?

I have been willing to pay premium prices for rarer peices but still enjoy the thrill of chase & my chance of "scoring a bargain" whether it be ebay or any other source. I only hope this easily located internet price guide doesn't eliminate those golden buy-it-now ebay moments that occasionally pop up.

After more than 130 veiws by forum readers i would normally have expected a greater reaction to this new price guide. Come on people this forum is the right place to POLITELY express your feelings.

Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE