The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Pretty hefty undertaking Rich!
In Response To: Re: Formal Price Guide ()

And, not unexpectedly, you've made a great job of it. How does the wife feel about you bringing work home with you (albeit in a slightly different field)? ;)

Having now reread the site, I agree with the condition headings and ranges (I misremembered the headings when I first posted this, but have edited it so it makes more sense!). I was talking about Rich's range for 1153s and taking issue with the "average" column, in the mistaken belief it was in fact for a "good" watch. Makes more sense now I enabled Javascript on the site and looked again! I have 11 1153s stored going for the "average" condition price of £900 or thereabouts in 2011/12 and only 2 of those I would say are good or better (in fact, I had them down as "very good"). The other 9 were either unoriginal in parts or had condition issues, sometimes both. I confess to getting bored of tracking prices from time to time though, so there are definitely gaps in my data.

Something like "Yachting +10%" only applies to a segment of the market - plenty of sellers and buyers out there won't make the distinction, but again that ties in with your point about none of the sites reaching the whole market. Plus I don't see the silver yachtings making the premium, just the blues - the silver has the "usual" contrasting registers so perhaps is less distinctive than the BN.

Maybe some photo examples of mint, good etc watches across a single model would help get across the sort of issues that can mark a watch down. Though Paul's photos help to make most watches look their best anyway.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE