|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
I am more of a 'bracelet' guy, but just because I tend to sweat and the fact that I like to match the color of the strap to the rest of my daily attire, and therefore the bracelet is much more neutral and requires less work :-)
So let me share a few of boths that I really like:
1. Best look overall: the '70's oval link Omega mounted on vintage Speedmasters, silky and very consistent with the watch.
2. Most comfortable feeling on the skin: no match here, it's the titanium loose one of '80's-'90's Sinns, especially in extremely cold or hot weather. But how hard it is to resize it, I had to remove a couple of links and it was a really tough job!
3. Most fittingin style to the watch: a holed black Corfam on a cal.12 Viceroy is the easy choice, but I just own one and I've never worn it. So - and I know I am partial to my latest baby here - my winner for this category is the padded brown croc for the Sinn 103 Ti Ar UTC aviator chrono.
4. Easiest maintenance: the ingenuously conceived and tough-as-nails Tegimented steel that comes with most Sinn tool watches of the 75x series. It has solid end links - a definite plus when mounting and dismounting - and it is so easy to resize thanks to the screw system and the micro-screwdriver enclosed with either the watch or any bracelet set.
5. Most personal one: of course the DeVos special that I was so lucky to win at the OtD draw and that David painstakingly built to my own specs, to match the colours of my beloved 510.500. He even went as far as providing a detailed step-by-step chronology of the making, with well-deserved, cigar-oriented pauses included.
Thanks you all for sharing so many nice pictures, and enjoy the weekend.