The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another interesting point regarding rights

If you read the language in the contract you agree to when you join many online discussion forums, you may find that once you post an image on the site some of your rights to that image transfer to the site. This is true, for instance of the site of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors here in the US.

As far as watermarking is concerned, I will do it if the photo in question was taken for commercial purposes on my part. Most of the photos I take for these boards are just grabs I take in window light for documentation and I don't really care enough about them to worry about someone using them. The other thing about a watermark is that...most of the time I could take it out in Photoshop in a couple of minutes if I really wanted to.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE