The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Private Auction = Fake Auction

there is absolutely no reason to believe that this chronograph sold for $2000, or even $200. when they fake the watch, they also fake the auction. use of a Private Auction tells me that the auction will often be fake.

did seller ever come back to you with a reply and good information? If you write to him now, he probably still has a watch for sale. he hopes that someone comes along and thinks that they get a good deal when they offer $1850 for this one??

don't believe everything you see on ebay!! when you don't see the names of the bidders, you have not really seen an auction at all . . . just seller playing games and advertising his stuff.

Phil Jarboe

: Hi again

: I don't know what you think about..., but i'm
: shocked! How could this happen? How many
: unexperienced wannabee-collectors are out
: there?
: Don't get me wrong, i'm not laughing at the
: buyer.
: If the watch would have been original it should
: bring on ebay around 800$ max ( my guess ),
: but
: not this lunatic-price.

: regards
: flazl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE