The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tim's reading comprehension seems to be fine
In Response To: Re: Some Thoughts... ()

(Posted by Tim Bicknelle):

Chuck,

Well put Sir.

For anyone concerned Chuck IMHO is "The Master" for watches so ask for his advice !! ;>)

Good hunting.

Cheers

Tim

(Posted by Charles):

Evidently Tim you didn't read everything concerning my responce.

Evidently, you didn't read Tim's response particularly well, Charles...

Tim said "For anyone concerned Chuck IMHO is "The Master" for watches so ask for his advice !! ;>)"

IMHO is an acronym meaning "In My Honest (Humble/Highest, etc.) Opinion".

Tim is entitled to express his opinion, regardless of what our opinions are and if our opinions coincide with Tim's or not. Unless Tim has broken some rule, which to my knowledge he has not. He merely seems to indicate he agreed with what I said, namely: "Well put ... ". I believe Tim's reading comprehension is fine. I'm sure if Tim disagrees he'll correct me...

This all started with the price of a Heuer Monaco, which Chuck has admitted it didn't care for, didn't collect and knew ever little about.

Nor did you read my previous messages particularly well either, as I have previously pointed out. I have stated that Monaco's weren't my favorites. I did state I do not have one in my collection, however I said I was open to the idea of adding one, even though I didn't follow Monaco auctions as close as some do, or as closely as I follow other Heuer models and other brands.

Your statement is merely your opinion about what I've stated, not what I've stated. In fact your words about what I've said departs significantly from I have stated.

It took Ralf from Germany to inform everyone which Moncaco this was in the Heuer reference numbers.

Actually, with my earnest respects to Ralf, this information was in the MOAT (Mother of All Tables) well prior to Ralf's post. Note the time/date stamp and initials at the bottom of the linked table... As I compiled the HTML for those tables, Jeff posted the OTD versions of the tables by copying the posted HTML hosted on my site for proofing... at the very least Jeff and I knew about this model before Ralf's posting. Since both Bruce and Hans Schrag proofread those tables before they were publically announced on OTD they too were aware of the existance of this model prior to Ralf's posting... Indeed, I suspect that several of us knew about the Monaco before the MOAT as well, especially Hans, since he's probably worked on more than his share of them.

Charles Rush

Tim... Thank you for your kind words.

I try, but I only consider myself to be a student of the topic at hand.

"The road is long...
There are mountains in our way...
but we climb a step every day..."

-- Joe Cocker, 'Up Where We Belong'

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE