The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not Made by Heuer
In Response To: Not Made by Heuer ()

Jeff, thanks a lot for the information. Its very scary to see a a seller like joseph-watches.com sold this "FRANKen-watch" for over 1000$. I thought this is a trustfull (right word?) seller.

Btw. I just had the luck to get a near mint Camaro case (73443 - 213789). Do you Think there is any chance to get a Camaro-dial for that? And where to look beside Ebay?
Some Heuer dials are still available NOS like the ones for valjoux 7765. I can get them for about 80.- Euros. But no Camaro-dials from that source. :-(
I dont want to sell the watch. Since I dont have the Money for a "real" camaro, I can live with a put-together camaro FRANKen-Watch. I can get a Valjoux 7733 or 7734 NOS. But not Heuer signed. And I can get the Heuer crown. This all will cost me only about 200.- Euros. So if I could get a Camaro dial for lets say max. 100.- Euros it would be a real bargain. What do you think?

Many thanks to all in that really nice and informative forum!

FRANKen

:
: Frank:
: You asked whether Heuer ever produced a Carrera
: in a Camaro style case. The answer is a
: simple one -- NO. Someone has used a Carrera
: dial in a Camaro case, but that
: "someone" was not Heuer.
:
: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE