The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Jack Heuer
In Response To: Re: Jack Heuer ()

: Hi Rick: Coincidentally, you should see the post below "The
: Man Wearing the Watch Driving the Car" which includes a
: photo of possibly your 911 driven by Jo at what appears to be a
: race event, or quite possibly the movie set for
: "LeMans". With all the Siffert aficionados in this
: group, I know you'll get your answers. Please share with us when
: appropriate, and if you haven not already done so, buy a nice
: vintage Heuer and join our group as a regular.
: Best regards...Bob Keller

Regarding that Siffert photo that you referred to . . .

That photo is what brought me to this site. A friend saw it and told me about it. The vehicle in that photo appears to have a 'wind-blocker' and a sun-roof, so it isn't my car. That particular is, however, as yet unidentified.

There are two Porsche 911s that have been connected w/ Mr Siffert. One is the '71 --- VIN =9111301180 . . . auctioned-off last Spring --- and recently re-sold here . . .
http://www.psautomobile.de/?mod=fahrzeugangebote&aid=20

The other is the '70 --- 9110301059 . . . the vehicle I have. I've been hoping to find someone who can identify as the one seen in several photographs on the set of 'Le Mans.'

The vehicle in this photo has a number of detail differences that identify it as a different 911 from the two known, so far. Pretty exciting!

As for getting a watch . . .

. . . I've been hunting for an old Heuer Carrera Valijoux 72 for-EVER!

Seems like this is a site that might feed two passions?

Thanks for writing

Rick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE