The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Leonidas Mono-Pusher BEFORE and AFTER

Jeff,
I think it looks great on the BOR, so don't get me wrong. I do think leather can really dress up a watch like this - I think it drives the eye to the watch. I don't know if it would period correct, but a tan alligator strap is what I would try. I like to switch out straps to give a watch a different look. I'd wear that watch on the BOR for a while and put it on a gator strap for a while and maybe a horween strap.

This is my Breitling as I received it (watch is in rough shape, bracelet was a drug store piece of junk)

This is the Breitling on a modestly priced gator strap (watch had been restored at ChronoDeco by this time)

: Mike - Have a black leather w/contrast stitch as shown in
: "before" pics. The color of the dial on this watch is
: so unique, and with the applied steel index markers & hands,
: the SS band just makes it all "pop". Wish I could get
: some pics that really showed how gorgeous it is in person. What
: type of band were you thinking? Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE