The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Antiquorum: Probably the Same as Any Seller / Auction House
In Response To: Antiquorum ()

It's difficult -- at least for me -- to compare Antiquorum, to any other auction house, or for that matter many other sellers of watches.

Yes, we have seen them sell a known fake, and yes, we have seen them use a little PhotoShop (shown below), but I'm not sure that this is any better or worse than other auction houses.

The key is to do your homework; know what you are buying; understand the prices and values; etc. Ask questions about the watch and request more photos, if that will be helpful. You can expect Antiquorum to be reliable in terms of the payment and shipping, but of course you pay good money for that in the buyer's fees.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hullo All,

: Have any members had any dealings with Antiquorum in the past?

: I remember that there had been some previous posts on the forum
: that indicated that some of the photos they had used in a
: catalogue were somewhat misleading / old.

: There is a piece I am interested in the upcoming New York auction
: and I would welcome others experiences.

: I am in Australia so will not be able to physically inspect the
: piece.

: Cheers

: Tony

Messages In This Thread

Antiquorum
Antiquorum: Probably the Same as Any Seller / Auction House
Re: Antiquorum: Probably the Same as Any Seller / Auction H
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE